We love to see how young people bring innovation and youth spirit into specialty coffee. Diego Samuel is a smart young man who has finish studied in Agricultural Enterprise Management, implemented multiple new processing technique in his farm El Paraiso. Having deep understanding what to control and how to process he begins developed different style of fermentation under controlled environment. Such as controlling time of fermentation and temperature of water that being using to wash the coffee. As the result, different processing protocol produce specific set of taste profile. Diego categorized these different process by name such as Lime, Red Plum and Lychee.
Arkib Kopi choose Lychee process due it unique yogurt taste that give you a new experience of drinking. The yogurt turn to a sweet lychee and strawberry and jammy body. Special process coffee like this will always give excitement until your last sip.
Lychee process :
1. Anaerobic fermentation in cherry for 48 hours in tanks with a valve at a temperature of 18ºC
3. Anaerobic Fermentation in mucilage for 96 hours at 18ºC.
4. Double washing with thermal shock. First, washed with water at a temperature of 40ºC and then with water at 12ºC
5. Controlled drying for 34 hours at a temperature of 35ºC and a relative humidity of 25%, until reaching a moisture between 10% and 11%.
6. The drying is made with condensation, with recirculated air from a drying machine developed and patented by the farm, called Eco-Enigma.