Production Team Member - Roastery
Production Team Member - Roastery APPLY NOW
Arkib is a coffee enthusiast and growing specialty coffee company in Malaysia, united by the single goal to connect world with exceptional coffee. We sourcing green bean, roast the coffee to perfection, sorting coffee without compromise, bagging and put label each bag with our customer name and send out coffee with love. We are passionate and electric group of coffee expert, brand designer, artist, writer, researcher and all round team members who also happen to be hard-working and dedicated in coffee business. Come join us.
About the job
Our production team members do an impressive job of preparing and packaging all the delicious coffee delivered to our retail customers and Digital subscribers. We’re looking for a new member to join our dedicated crew to support our efforts in bringing delicious Arkib to guests everywhere.
- Fulfill coffee bean orders with an incredible eye for detail, ensuring the right coffee gets to the right person at the right time
- Prepare the production line efficiently and accurately: blending, weighing, bagging, and organizing coffee beans
- Assemble, pack, label and organize coffee bags with diligence and care, ensuring each coffee is packed to perfection
- Always leave your station and the roastery in impeccable shape: sweeping, organizing, and cleaning the floor after each production run
- Support your team members as needed in keeping production running smoothly
- Participate in weekly machine maintenance and report any issues encountered so your team can stay ahead of machinery malfunctions
- Follow and support all Food Safety, Quality, and Good Manufacturing Practices rules and regulations.
- Obsessed with the details - you will leave no bean misplaced and no bag unlabeled
- Highly professional and serious about your work but don’t take yourself too seriously
- Delightful to work with and have a sense of humor and infectious ‘can-do’ attitude
- Reliable and consistent - your manager and teammates can always depend on you to be punctual, dedicated and bring your A-game
- Comfortable operating machinery on a daily basis
- A deep love and respect for delicious coffee, food, and exceptional guest experiences
- Experience working in fast paced environment (ideally in production)
- The ability to lift up to 30kg of weight comfortably
- The ability to read and speak English proficiently
- This role is a physical one and the physical demands outlined below are representative of those that must be met for a team member to be successful in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job which we’ve mapped out below.
- You have:
- The ability to stand, walk, sit for long periods of time (at least 8 hours per day and 5 days per week)
- The use of hands to handle or feel and the ability to reach with hands and arm
- The ability to stoop, kneel, or crouch
- The ability to squat, bend, twist and reach for items below waist level or above shoulders
- The ability to lift, push/pull, carry and/or move up to 30 kilograms
- The ability to listen and speak
- The ability to climb ladders, stairs, ramps and uneven floor and/or surfaces as needed
- The ability to have close visual acuity to perform repetitive visual checking, counting, spotting small defects, determine accuracy of numbers and package
A few benefits we offer
- Paid time off
- Free drinks at any of our cafes and a complimentary bag of beans to take home each week
- Discounts on any Arkib items and merchandise
At Arkib, you’ll be critical to customer enjoying delicious coffee. We aim to provide delightful hospitality to everyone who visits our website, in-person or roastery. If you’re ready to help bring amazing products to life, please apply and join us.
Arkib is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value an open mind, dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on these qualities, a job’s requirements, our business’s needs, and an applicant’s qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind—in the hiring process or in the workplace.
We may refuse to hire relatives of present employees if doing so could result in actual or potential problems in supervision, security, safety, or morale, or if doing so could create conflicts of interest.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.